Magnum Fishing Charters look forward to welcoming you onboard Magnum or Magnum Too for a great days fishing on Sodwana’s most practical charter fishing vessels. They are the ultimate in cruising comfort offering a stable fishing platform, abundance of deck space, and being powered by twin 115 Mercury motors easily takes you to the offshore fishing grounds. Stable vessels at 21ft , they accommodate up to 5 anglers plus crew per boat. Being so spacious means she is ideal for groups for extended trips.
From June to October, humpback whales pass along the coastline during their annual migration from their feeding grounds in the Antarctic, to calve off the coast of Mozambique. These phenomenal mammals can weigh up to 45 tonnes, are sometimes visible from the shoreline, however a boat-based whale watching tour is highly recommended.
Sodwana Bay is considered to be the premier dive site and is the only tropical dive site in South Africa. Sodwana is one of the few places world-wide where dive sites are reached by weaving a path through breaking waves. The reefs at Sodwana are believed to be the southern most coral reefs in the world and have a wide diversity of attractions
Conference Organisers crying out for conference venues with flavour - look no further! Sodwana Bay Lodge has all the facilities to host rewarding "Spirit of Africa" conferences and functions, and are building a growing reputation as a premier locale for stimulating teambuilding and incentive ventures.
- BIRDLIFE SOUTH AFRICA (BLSA) GUIDE
- Bird Identification
- Traditional Zulu Medicinal (Muti) use of plants
- SODWANA BAY TRAIL
- MGOBOZELENI TRAIL
- MUZI PANS TRAIL
- Contact your guide – Jabulani – 079 868 1111
- 30 km from Mbazwana on the Mkuzi turnoff – 1 km off the main road – Muzi Pan Adventure Centre
- R150.00 per person for 1 hour
- Contact Themba on 073 161 8189
- Please remember to take water/drinks with you as this is not provided on the tour
- The best flights are in the morning due to less wind. Less wind means a steadier flight and also a better view into the ocean all the way down to the sea bed and coral reefs. Flights are however possible any time of the day if weather permits. Animals like whale shares, whales, dolphins, turtles and manta rays are common sight with any of the flights.
- 8 Min – R200.00 – Flight over Sodwana Bay and 2 mile coral reef
- 15 Min – R300.00 – Fly South and North coastline from Sodwana and view all the reefs in the area returning over Sodwana Bay Lodge
- 30 Min – R500.00 – As above but covering longer coastline
- 45 Min – R700.00 – The ultimate one - this flight covers the coastline of South of Sodwana Bay all the way up to 9 mile reef and then crossing the dunes inland to fly over Lake Sibiya. Guaranteed to see Hippos and very good chance of crocodiles